What would you do with this antique sewing machine coffin cover?

• Discussion
  •  Anonymous #84698

I used the cover from my grandmother’s sewing machine as the container for a fall floral arragement, love it, if I say so myself.

•  Anonymous #84255

Leaving something laying around sometimes leads to inspiration. Seeing it upside down on a table top made me see what a nice planter (think windowbox) it would make. The leaves and mums sound good for fall, geeme.

•  Anonymous #84230

that would make a darling cradle for a doll collection or upside down with leaves and mums.On it’s side like a bookcase for cd’s, I also like the treasure chest idea

•  Anonymous #84223

Ha, ha, Gigi; my sentiments exactly.

•  Anonymous #84218

yea boy, it does look like a coffin and it’s givin’ me chills!

sorry, no advice.

•  Anonymous #84212

As one who restores old sewing machines, you might see if someone would dearly love to have it to cover a machine…

•  Anonymous #84210

If you’d just flip it upside down and add a hinged lid, you wouldn’t have to cut anything. It would look awesome with a folk art paint job..or paint it white and and paint something (roses?) in that central medallion area or decoupage on a picture or a vintage ad (Graphic’s Fairy)..or add a wood “applique” before you paint it.

•  Anonymous #84179

Fancier than what I was thinking. The treasure chest idea is cool.

•  Anonymous #84176

Ooh, I like the treasure chest idea, too. I’m not too handy with a saw so I will have to find someone who is. Lovecrafting, I’d love to see your shelf when it is done. Love you guys!

•  Anonymous #84174

I have one of those (not near as ornate as yours) and plan to hang it on the wall and add a shelf inside.

•  Anonymous #84170

I like the treasure chest idea!

•  Anonymous #84168

i have a guy who turns them in to treasure chests…. puts a bottom on it….and cuts it and hinges it so the top lifts up…

•  Anonymous #84163

seriously looks like a coffin….maybe make a halloween decoration !! haha

hmmm will have to think on this one..

•  Anonymous #84162

seriously looks like a coffin….maybe make a halloween decoration !! haha

hmmm will have to think on this one..

•  Anonymous #84158

Sorry; I can’t for the life of me figure out how to delete my mistakes!

•  Anonymous #84157

What would you do with this. I can’t think of anything that wouldn’t still look like a coffin :-).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.