Shabby Romantic Repurposed Pink Metal tray memo magnet board

• Topic
  • hopeandjoyhomehopeandjoyhome #45016

Hi! I got this shabby pink vintage metal tray last week and knew it needed a new purpose…and here it is! I like how it turned out and wanted to share. My process (such as it is) is on my blog http://www.hopeandjoyhome.blogspot.com. Now I need to make some repurposed magnets for it!

[attachment id=23735,3798]

• Discussion
  •  Anonymous #82835

neat!

•  Anonymous #82823

Love the earring magnets! Great idea!

•  Anonymous #80460
  •  Anonymous #80457

Hopeandjoy, great magnets. And we LOVE pictures of projects! The more the better!

•  Anonymous #80456

They look great!!!!

•  Anonymous #80453

beautiful !

perfect

•  Anonymous #80452

Great job. Love the bling. LuAnn

•  Anonymous #80449

OK..finally got some magnets made yesterday. I had fun playing.More pix/closeups on my blog (link above) I feel funny linking my blog, but there are more pix there and I don’t want to clog up this site w/ my pix. Copperhead, I’d like to see some you made!

•  Anonymous #80404

love it…would use daintly jewlery magnets……..

•  Anonymous #80401

WOW!! i want!!

•  Anonymous #80353

I am torn between useful sized magnets and larger artsy magnets but I think a big artsy magnet would cover up what it was supposed to be holding..I guess it would be magnetic eyecandy!

•  Anonymous #80349

Hmmm..lets try this link http://hopeandjoyhome.blogspot.com/

danged technomological junk!

•  Anonymous #80347

hopeandjoyhome

for some reason your blog isn’t coming up with the above address

might want to recheck :)

•  Anonymous #80343

Ok so I liked the idea so much I broke into my old earring stash and made magnets – burned my finger good on the hot glue… I had some awful looking earrings – way too big for my ears – nice magnets ‘oD I also have a stash of old game parts – I’m thinking those might make nice magnets too. I found some old wooden monopoly houses at GW the other day – not sure what to do with them. The Campbell soup tray is in too good shape to scratch up with a bunch of old magnets- gotta go check out GW… LOL

•  Anonymous #80341

got old typewriter keys to add magnets? would be cute individual or formed into a word like memo or ?

•  Anonymous #80340

Oh, I like the glue on earring idea!!!! Maybe a gaudy or antique button glued on a magnet. I like advertising type metal so I stuffed some magnets into old metal bottle caps & glued. I have a Cambell’s Soup tray would work up nice as a magnet board.

•  Anonymous #80339

I say with the lovely pink magnet board you need to use old jeweled earrings for a little “bling”. Remove the back of clip earrings and glue on magnets. Good luck and let’s see what you come up with.

•  Anonymous #80336

Love it!!!

•  Anonymous #80335

So cute! I like to paint embellishments, so I would paint a small swag of rosebuds across the top, but that’s just because I automatically look for opportunities to paint. Looks nice just the way it is.

•  Anonymous #80332

I made it from vintage crystals from my stash. It is 2 long prisms and one tear drop prism and 2 8 bead sections of garland..I just hooked together what I thought would be pretty for this.

•  Anonymous #80331

WHERE did you find the crystal embellishment?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.