Oak Pieces…what to do with them?

• Topic
  • jillruthjillruth #45099

I saw these at the antique store that I have a booth at over a year ago and debated about buying a couple when they were marked down to $1 each. But, talked myself out of adding more junk to the pile of projects. Now, today they had the whole box for $2. Could not walk away this time!!

Now, any ideas from all of you?

They have potential…just not sure what for yet!

[attachment id=24704,3864] [attachment id=24704,3865] [attachment id=24704,3866] [attachment id=24704,3867]

• Discussion
  •  Anonymous #81357

Yip I see a snowman now…..great eye. I love snowmen

•  Anonymous #81356

wow hopeandjoyhome…..you just popped off a lot of ideas!! you must be very creative.

•  Anonymous #81348

I think I’ve been painting too many snowmen because that is what I see them as. Paint the top black for a hat a face on the center and the bottom red for a scarf or tie a fabric strip scarf around that area. You could put a magnet on the back or drill tiny holes on top and add wire to hold cards or photos.

•  Anonymous #81312

PS I would have bought them too!

•  Anonymous #81311

How tall are they? I would glue 2 together,paint greige, crackle medium, paint cream then sand/distress. If they were tippy I would also add a wooden (or junk metal) base for stability and top with a cool vintage floral trimmed plate for a pedestal/cake stand. Or a saucer for a pillar candle holder (E6000 glue)..or a small wooden top edged with metal trim to which I would add prisms. If you painted it black, it would go in a totally different direction. Add a wooden top covered w/ old sheet music or text and trim with upolstery tacks on the edges..or buttons..or…. LOL Too many ideas , too little time!

•  Anonymous #81227

I agree with Ann, she took the words right out of my mouth about applying them to something bigger for an accent.

•  Anonymous #81220

they might have been a fake foot on a piece of furniture….

to be tacked onto the flat wood….

i woudl probably apply them to something big…. for an archetectural accent…

•  Anonymous #81217

There are ten sets plus one extra piece so 21 pieces all together. I’m not sure what they were used for.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.