Now that July 4th is in the past…

• Topic
  • daisytoaddaisytoad #45068

Its time to think about Halloween, Fall and (gasp) Christmas!!!

What projects do you have planned?

• Discussion
  •  Anonymous #80900

sounds like a plan, kym…i love making those, too.

wouldn’t that be a cute, cheap, easy contest that everyone could enter??

cuz who doesn’t have a tin can laying around!? 🙂

would be awesome to see all the versions that are created!!

•  Anonymous #80896

I totally love the fall season!!

This year I am gonna make some pierced

tin yard lanterns out of tin cans.

•  Anonymous #80895

I refuse to think about fall until September and Christmas until Halloween is over..planning ahead makes me twitchy..

•  Anonymous #80894

yahoo I did not think this photo would not down load.. but it did.. this is one of my rescued rose bushes.

•  Anonymous #80893

I did mulch my asparagus well and will do more as the summer comes to an end.. been really trying to get on top of the weeds.. but that in its self is a full time job.. wish my veggies grew as well as my weeds.. LOL

•  Anonymous #80892

yes ladies, my weeds are doing very well also! But just froze another batch of peas, they are going gangbusters,,, some little squashes coming on , lots of blooms on the ‘tomaters’, onions and potaoes looking good. thank heaven for sweet husband…he keeps up with the weeds while I am busy crafting for the sat. markets. loving the sunny weather .Kinda hard to be thinking of fall and winter projects ,tho I know I need to……..

•  Anonymous #80891

I’m really good at growing weeds of any kind…

•  Anonymous #80890

Make sure you mulch the asparagus good or the weeds will take over. Am getting a steady stream of yellow squash, zucchinis are on the way, beans are blossomimg and the sunflowers are 4 feet tall. But oh the weeds! 🙁

•  Anonymous #80889

Well I am focused on my garden.. planted some more beans yesterday.. and worked on the weeds.. wow if weeds were veggies I sure would be rich.. have some nice size beans on the first planting and picked two cucumbers, staked some of my tomatoes, and put mulch around my aspragus.. (misspelled) they are looking good I have 10 plants .so I hope at least 1/2 will make it thru the winter.. they say it takes a couple of years for them to produce.. looking forward to seeing them do that.. have been trying to make my son know what they look like so he does not till them under next spring.. LOL been cleaning up my grape vines.. had another vine taking over.. roses are looking good … I love to take plants that are almost dead and bring new life back into them..

•  Anonymous #80887

You mean what project am I going to do after I figure out what to do with the plants that have fan shaped leaves in the yard at the tax house?????? Maybe call in a rock band and see if they would like to work for free????? Or just burn it and no body in the neighborhood would care…… including me……. too bad there is a nice wooden privacy fence between the vast patches…

OK so DH got it messed up. It was JEWEL weed… He can’t tell a clover from a dandelion on a good day. Good thing he isn’t allergic to poison ivy, eh?

•  Anonymous #80886

oh p.s. I looked at trying to put together a blog and got overwhelmed.

•  Anonymous #80885

I like the idea of fall back yard bonfires and picnics. Weather is not so harsh. I’m thinking we now have a nice big fire pit on the place and plenty of dead branches to keep everybody warm. I need primitive elcheapo ideas.

•  Anonymous #80884

Gigi–let’s see pics as she’s been put together. Love your idea.

I was thinking of “falloween” porch project the other day. Not sure what I’m going to do but thinking of it helps with the heat here. Fall/Halloween is my favorite time of year. Not sure if it’s the crisp air, autumn colors, football, or just the gardens being put down for a long winter’s nap that is my favorite but it may be the “nap” idea–(love to take naps myself)lol.

Let’s hear what others are doing.

LuAnn

•  Anonymous #80883

You mean what project am I going to do after I figure out what to do with the plants that have fan shaped leaves in the yard at the tax house?????? Maybe call in a rock band and see if they would like to work for free????? Or just burn it and no body in the neighborhood would care…… including me……. too bad there is a nice wooden privacy fence between the vast patches…

•  Anonymous #80882

Too Cute! LOL

•  Anonymous #80881

am planning a witch that grows daily

will begin with a rickety old chair on my front porch, then broom, hat, boot, other boot, cape, etc….until i get to the final day of halloween.

then it will disappear over night to show a large set of legs in white-black striped hose and ruby red slippers on…under the side of my house and all else gone!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.