New ** Flea Market Garden Magazine

• Topic
  • BetsyofsisterstreasuresBetsyofsisterstreasures #44872

Hello, all. I’m new to posting although I’ve been one of those “lurkers” lol for a long time. I just purchased a new magazine when I went in search of Ki’s new magazine. Her new magazine hadn’t reached our Walmart yet but there’s a new Flea Market Garden magazine that just reached our shelves. It costs about $10 which is about the going rate for specialty magazines and to me it seems worth it. It’s published by the Country Almanac publishers. I’m sure there are a lot of ideas from that magazine and other ideas that I’ve seen on the web and other mags, but this one has a lot of cute original ideas also. So, if you’re like me and still waiting for Ki’s Flea Market Style Magazine, check this one out. I couldn’t find any websites on it but there are a few blogs that critique it and have pictures if you google the magazine’s name.

• Discussion
  •  Anonymous #83186

Best get it when you first see it. Other than major titles, magazines are rotated out every week. Some merchandisers will leave it ‘op but most will rotate it out in a week or maybe two.

•  Anonymous #83185

I just got the magazine 2/29/12 at Walmart. I have been waiting for so long to get the new issue. I got in a bidding war on ebay for the first addition and dropped the bid at 34.00. Yes you can tell I wanted it bad. I have looked at this addition so many times. I start dreaming of my garden ,it was worth the 10 bucks. I wish there was some way to subscribe to this Magazine. We have planned a craft day to make the plate flowers. I found every thing needed for the project at our local Goodwill,except the apoxy glue and the stake to mount them on.Love ,Love, Love this Magazine.

•  Anonymous #80166

I bought that magazine and now I can’t find it! Where did I put it?

•  Anonymous #80131

Mary, I don’t have a pay pal account. I think if you call the store you can have them ship it – they should take a charge card. Let’s try that first. If I post it here maybe they can sell all of them… LOL Any way here is the store info:

Store #4649

10580 EAST 96TH STREET

FISHERS, IN 46038

******************** 317-849-6406 *******************

Store Hours

Mo-Fr: 07:00 AM – 10:00 PM

Sa: 07:00 AM – 10:00 PM

Su: 07:00 AM – 10:00 PM

You can try – ask for Doreen – she’s been there in the mornings lately – but they rotate in that store so no guarantee when you can catch her. Kathy (Store Manager) will probably kill me but she really is a nice lady and she might do it – make sure you offer to pay postage too… LOL… Doreen is the resident organic gardener and VERY sympathetic to you getting all but the last magazine. Be sure and mention that the magazine is by the pharmacy waiting room.

•  Anonymous #80130

Mary, I don’t have a pay pal account. I think if you call the store you can have them ship it – they should take a charge card. Let’s try that first. If I post it here maybe they can sell all of them… LOL Any way here is the store info:

Store #4649

10580 EAST 96TH STREET

FISHERS, IN 46038

******************** 317-849-6406 *******************

Store Hours

Mo-Fr: 07:00 AM – 10:00 PM

Sa: 07:00 AM – 10:00 PM

Su: 07:00 AM – 10:00 PM

You can try – ask for Doreen – she’s been there in the mornings lately – but they rotate in that store so no guarantee when you can catch her. Kathy (Store Manager) will probably kill me but she really is a nice lady and she might do it – make sure you offer to pay postage too… LOL… Doreen is the resident organic gardener and VERY sympathetic to you getting all but the last magazine. Be sure and mention that the magazine is by the pharmacy waiting room.

•  Anonymous #80124

copperhead, yes i want one. please let me know how much with shipping. do you do paypal?

thanks, mary

•  Anonymous #80123

There are 4 or 5 copies at that store. They are 9.99 each. Then there is shipping.

•  Anonymous #80094

I’ll tell you tomorrow… LOL

Maybe I should pick up what they have in there…

Another store still has Flea Market Style.

Stuff gets rotated out every week. I’ve been partial… ‘oD

•  Anonymous #80093

how much are they? I keep forgetting to check Home Depot and Wally’s

•  Anonymous #80092

I know where there are 2 copies still in the store. They look like they have been handled though. I haven’t discarded them because I have plenty of room. ‘oD Anybody else want one?

•  Anonymous #80091

I know where there are 2 copies still in the store. They look like they have been handled though. I haven’t discarded them because I have plenty of room. ‘oD Anybody else want one?

•  Anonymous #80087

i’m also looking for this magazine and having a hissy fit. i saw it when i was on vacation in michigan but didn’t get it thinking i would get it when i got home. i cannot find it any where. i will pay for the mag and shipping if someone has one they can part with, or i have a copy of flea market style i would trade.

thanks, mary

•  Anonymous #79903

OMG really I just sent you a email omg you are about to be my best friend, in the whole wide world!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

•  Anonymous #79896

laney,

i’m done with mine, you are welcome to it…email me with your address…..

•  Anonymous #79894

If I see one in one of my stores I’ll let you know but I’m thinking those were pulled a while ago – Magazines have a short life unless they have a titled shelf space. If you see something you like you better buy it… I liked them so I tried to keep them out there as long as I could. (I merchandise magazines for my day job…)

•  Anonymous #79891

Does anyone on here have a extra copy of this magazine? I have searched every where I know even tried to win a bid on ebay.

Please if someone has one I am having a magazine hissy fit LOL.

Thanks in advance.

•  Anonymous #78751

Went to Sams and got mine this afternoon. Havn’t had time to look yet. I’m savoring the moment…

•  Anonymous #78743

I bought Flea Market Gardens yesterday. I just glanced through it & I know I’m going to like it! They didn’t have FMS yet.

•  Anonymous #78742

i just got the flea market garden…. loved the tire planters…and all the how tos….

havent got flea market style yet…

ann

http://www.greenoakantiques.com

•  Anonymous #78720

Flea Market Style is in my Indianapolis Marsh stores. I put mine there – right next to Flea Market Gardens. Right out on the front row at eye level! Very nice magazine.

•  Anonymous #78719

Haven’t found the garden magazine in my stores yet, but I keep looking. I introduced Deb Wittrup to Harris, the publisher, and she is working on 3 different titles for them this year including the flea gardens. (I worked with Deb years back on the Junk Market Style magazine.) Deb is very talented and the nicest gal you’ll ever meet! Can’t wait to see her mag! Still waiting for FMS to hit the major stores…any day now!

Ki

•  Anonymous #78715

I am still looking at all the pictures in the magazine and loving the chippy tables on patios and porches. Just so much to find tucked away in the pictures…a great fun magazine. Callef, I can sympathize with you on this crazy weather! We have had 3 snowfalls since Jan. 10th and very cold temps. Now it is spring like so go figure! Jan

•  Anonymous #78712

Magazines are my weakness! I will have to look at Sam’s for this one. Speaking of snow, last week it was well below zero here in Oklahoma, and we had a ton of snow. Today it was over 80 degrees! Oklahoma is not for wimps – talk about “mood swings”!!!

•  Anonymous #78708

Hi Ladies! I found mine at Sam’s Club and snagged it for $6.88. I just stumbled upon it and immediately flipped through it at the store and thought of all of you gals. So, I’ve got mine and have even seen some elements used that I got rid of last year when I was de-junking.

I can’t wait until our snow is all gone. The warm spring feeling days we’ve had this week have melted a lot, but we still have foot deep snow here and there and even some grass peeking out.

•  Anonymous #78704

Yes it is GOOD to see you back…

•  Anonymous #78702

Thanks! I am staying so busy with my Etsy shop and loving every minute of it too. Will try to drop in more often. Jan

•  Anonymous #78699

Hi Jan! I’ve been wondering what happened to you. It’s good to see you back on here!

•  Anonymous #78698
  •  Anonymous #78697

Hi Jan! Long time no hear! LOL I was back in Wally world today and looked at it again. I guess 3rd time will be a charm, will have to break down and get it. Hey bought the latest issue of MaryJane’s Farm. She has some neat stuff too.

•  Anonymous #78695

Got mine yesterday and LOVE it. Lots of cool ideas and Walmart’s price was $ 8.95 with their discount. Jan

•  Anonymous #78685

Saw it last night. It has directions for the garden totems, and a mosaic bird bath. There’s lots of junk pictures. There was a rolltop desk painted pink with flowers coming out of the drawers. No I didn’t get it either. Waiting for Ki’s. Might pick it up the next paycheck.

•  Anonymous #78684

what stores discount the magazines???

•  Anonymous #78683

It looked fun to me, and I almost bought it, but my fingers just wouldn’t pry away from my ten dollar bill. I will probably go back!

•  Anonymous #78682

Diana, I’m just a wannabe gardener that enjoys styling the “junk” in my garden much more than tending it! As for the magazine, there are a lot of projects and ideas that could be made to sell in a booth, especially for Spring and Summer. I have two different venues where I sell. One is a monthly antique trade days with lots of things besides antiques and vintage items sold so we can be very creative with what we sell and anything with vintage garden decor and repurposed items do great. At the antique mall where I have a booth, I’ve not ventured too much into garden items except I did sell an exceptional vintage concrete angel statue last month. I am going to try to do a little repurposing of furniture pieces like some of the examples in the magazine such as potting tables and plant chairs. If you have a chance, glance through it at the newstand and I think even a “non gardener” can get some great ideas! I wish I had some pictures to show but my scanner is not working and I don’t know how well camera pictures of the mag would be without having a lot of glare.

•  Anonymous #78680

Oh boy…Thank You for letting us know…

•  Anonymous #78679

I liked what I saw when I put it on display.

•  Anonymous #78678

Betsy, I saw that magazine too but I was in a hurry and did not get to look at it. I don’t garden (I tried but I killed everything. I guess that you can’t just plant and wait for the fruit/veggies.) so I didn’t think that it would be applicable to me. So.. what is it like? Are there ideas that I could maybe make and sell? Now, I am curious.

diana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.