I Need Your Idea On My Flea Market Find

• Topic
  • antiquingarkyantiquingarky #45245

Ladies, I have watched each and everyone of you come up with some of the neatest ideas for things, and I am at a lost and need HELP!! I bought this item at a flea market for practically nothing, and I am going to use it in my Antique shows that I do. I can’t figure out how to use it. Any ideas? I have approx. 50-60 doilies that I have picked up and I thought about laying them around it but I think that would look stupid. (I hope no one has done that since I said that). Please give me your input. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

[attachment id=26206,3971]

• Discussion
  •  Anonymous #82632

this is just that hardboard that you see on the back of picture frames. It is almost like pantling . I used it because it is light weight and thin. I would not have to worry about it being to heavy. Plus I paint chalk boards and this is the board that I use and I have several sheets of it. It is just held up with blocks that are screwed up. It is great board for projects, because it is versitile to anything. I will post a picture of my chalk boards. You need to by some of this, If you use it, You will love it.

•  Anonymous #82631

Looks good. Great job!

•  Anonymous #82630

was going to ask what you used for awning and how did you attach?

•  Anonymous #82628

Love, Love, LOVE the awning and lettering added to your door. I think you nailed it! No pun intended, lol.

Sue

•  Anonymous #82626

Thanks. I am so glad it done! And yes, I am from Arkansas. Live in Cabot. I travel Arkansas all the time flea marketing, and I know right where Garfield is. I am fixing to start traveling north since we are retired. I have a Model A car that I want to get out and travel the U.S.A. in.

•  Anonymous #82625

turned out cute, arky.

you sure work fast….i’d still be in the “thinking about doing it phase” and here you have it done!! wow!!

•  Anonymous #82624

Are you from Arkansas Antiquingarky? I live in Garfied Ar. just south of the Missouri border.

•  Anonymous #82622

Well, I finished the awning, and I think I am going to stop On the door. Thank you for all your input. I have gotten several comments on how great it looks. I owe it to you. I painted letters and oak leaves on my awning.

•  Anonymous #82615

I will try this! I am not finished with the burgundy. I was going to shabby it out with antique white or grey. But now I am wanting to wait until we do the awning in the morning. I am going to try this website you recommended. Thanks. I have more doors and windows I found.

•  Anonymous #82614

i like the burgundy (really liked the hunter green, too!)

it looks much more unified now, awesome job.

take a look at margosjunkinjournal think i saw an awning on something sent in to her….maybe it was a door or a cart?? look under projects and then doors…sure to find it!!

•  Anonymous #82613

fill the cart full of old teddy bears – nice shelf – the doors I have are beyond saving – they are kind of scary – there is one with 15 windows – very heavy – don’t know what to do with it – I thought about hanging it from the ceiling for light but the ceiling is kind of too low.

•  Anonymous #82611

My husband just suggested a window “box” over window. What do you think? Paint it and distress it.

•  Anonymous #82610

I painted the whole unit this morning and I like the idea of putting curtains on it. I thought about an awning, but I don’t know how I could get it to stick out right. This is the door after being painted first coat.

•  Anonymous #82601

I would paint the shelves and distress them to look more like the door and then add some vintage curtains .. maybe some made from tea towels or some pretty vintage criscrossed curtains.. with ruffels .and a vallance

•  Anonymous #82600

I can see fall flowers in the cart. I have no imagination…lol

•  Anonymous #82594

i really love the door. i really love the shelf idea but i don’t know that i like the blonde color of the shelf. it seems kind of too new looking (modern, may be the word) against that gorgeous, vintage, hunter green distressed door.

it would look adorable with a little awning hanging overhead as well with some vintage looking sign attached, maybe a little plant hanging!!

i know, my thoughts are creating all kinds of extra work for you :)

•  Anonymous #82593

Sorry guys, I accidentally hit the post key twice and tried to delete second post and it won’t.

•  Anonymous #82592

Someone else suggested filling it with old toys, almost like a sleigh. If someone doesn’t talk me into selling it to them, I AM planning on taking it home and putting plants in it. I have another project that I am trying to complete before my show, what do you think of it? Should I add anything? I had this left over antique door and decided to put shelves on it. I am considering hanging some of the old curtains that I have. If you have any input on this, tell me. I am painting it barn red.

•  Anonymous #82591

Someone else suggested filling it with old toys, almost like a sleigh. If someone doesn’t talk me into selling it to them, I AM planning on taking it home and putting plants in it. I have another project that I am trying to complete before my show, what do you think of it? Should I add anything? I had this left over antique door and decided to put shelves on it. I am considering hanging some of the old curtains that I have. If you have any input on this, tell me. I am painting it barn red.

•  Anonymous #82586

I think it would look great with some kind of plants in pots in it.. also would look cute with old vintage toys in it. like dolls etc.

•  Anonymous #82585

Thank you for the ideas Ladies. I agree, I think doilies is out of the question. I do have SEVERAL fruit crates that are old and I considered filling it with those to add flare and then I could put items in them. I also hate it when people come up and start “digging” through your items and scatter them everywhere. So I didn’t want to put linens or anything like that in here for that reason. I have an old hutch that I use for aprons, potholders,tablecloths, and things like this just so that people will see them folded and organized. I may also try painting my website and info on there. I LOVED that idea. Thank you so much for the great ideas.

•  Anonymous #82583

Maybe put a glass or wood top on it to use as a table

•  Anonymous #82579

Hmm..great for pumpkins at a fall show or pillows. If you want to use it for doilies, you would have to put a box in the bottom to make it shallower and use it to let people “dig” through the doilies. Some people like to do that, I as a seller really hate people digging through my linens..if it is something that needs to be folded it just gets ratted around and the price tag knocked off and I have even had people just pitch things right out on the ground (HONESTLY!). Do you have anything bigger you could put in there? Are you trying to sell it? You could fill it with decor..wrapped packages, pine branches or make a lid for it out of some boards and display on top of that.

•  Anonymous #82578

I like Gigi’s idea. Check out this blog post_

http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-i-make-old-signs.html

•  Anonymous #82575

think i’d use it to display some larger items you have.

i believe the doilies would get lost on it. maybe think of another awesome idea to hang them…..(well, unless you frame some of them, that would hold up well in the wagon)

i like the wagon raw and natural but think it would be very cute painted and distressed with maybe even with vintage type print on the sides (maybe even with your own personal logo with phone/address….one can never have to much advertising!) :)

•  Anonymous #82573

By the way, it is only 2 foot by 3 foot in diameter. It is a small wagon.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.