How to reuse old outdoor umbrellas and frames

• Topic
  • Lauriesl #44950

Anyone have any suggestions on how to reuse old outdoor umbrellas and the wooden frames they came on? I keep thinking that there must be something cool to do with them but as of yet inspiration has not struck.

• Discussion
  •  Anonymous #83067

If you have used your outdoor umbrellas too many time so we may not use fabric of umbrella. But, I have idea about frame and pole. You can create romantic outdoor umbrella by those poles. Just see following video to know more about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_spsftX77KI

•  Anonymous #79625

I would maybe stand the umbrella frame in a cement bottom of a yard ball base. (are usually hallow with hole in top) hang birdhouses and feeders on it. maybe add something viney like dried grapevine or honeysuckle vines around it to add a little charm.

•  Anonymous #79611

Thanks everyone, these are all great ideas! I am excited! I am hoping to reuse them outside in the garden. Love the idea of a scarecrow skirt-how cute! I also have a great many vines that could use a trellis and the clothes line idea is brilliant-I could use it out back to hang all of those wet beach towels on. Thanks for the inspiration! I’ll let you know how it turns out.

•  Anonymous #79608

I’ve always thought to use these in the garden as a trellis for some king of flowering vines. Let us know what you come up with.

•  Anonymous #79604

in need of a portable, indoor/outdoor circular clothes line??

just make a base for it if you haven’t one and whaaaalllah, instant line to dry ­čÖé

•  Anonymous #79600

On the same idea – anchor down some roll fence in a circle with an entrance and then put the umbrella over it like a “roof” but be careful with any umbrella spoke that could remotely be at eye level… make the whole thing into a “hut” with a “doorway” then grow some bean vines over it and have a back yard place to play. See I need a whole bunch of broken umbrellas.

•  Anonymous #79590

How fun! Where would you be putting it?

I suppose you could cut up the fabric and make banners or something…

I bet you could weave about anything in there if you just want some shade!

I’d love to have one to make a ‘skirt’ for a scare crow just put the umbrella frame thing at ground level and put a smaller one on top for a ‘body’ then just do a ‘head’ then grow something viney up the umbrella frame. I’m ready for my garden aren’t I?

•  Anonymous #79587

How fun! Where would you be putting it?

I suppose you could cut up the fabric and make banners or something…

I bet you could weave about anything in there if you just want some shade!

I’d love to have one to make a ‘skirt’ for a scare crow just put the umbrella frame thing at ground level and put a smaller one on top for a ‘body’ then just do a ‘head’ then grow something viney up the umbrella frame. I’m ready for my garden aren’t I?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.