Creating A Pantry From Rescued Old Doors

• Topic
  • LisasCreativeDesignsLisasCreativeDesigns #45290

Hi Everyone!

I am a newbie and am so glad I have found this wonderful site! For my first post I would love to share with you my latest DIY Home Improvement project I just completed. I needed more storage in my kitchen, a pantry most of all. I had a few old doors in my garage and they inspired me to build a pantry from scratch. I love how it turned out. If you want to see more you can check it out on my blog at http://www.lisascreativedesigns.com/lisascottageblog/2012/01/creating-a-new-pantry-from-recycled-doors/

Its nice to be here and "meet" everyone!

Lisa

[attachment id=26629,4021] [attachment id=26629,4022] [attachment id=26629,4023]

• Discussion
  •  Anonymous #83026

Clever!

•  Anonymous #82985

I have an old chippy 15 light back door to figure out what to use for – I don’t know how it would work for a pantry – I just really like the door

•  Anonymous #82976

If I did it I would just staple the fabric to the back of the screen area starting on the side and pleat and staple it across the width then hot glue on some gimp or braid to cover the staples. No pix..it is just currently an idea floating in my mind! I would probably use 2-3 doors to cover some pantry type shelving on one wall. My kitchen currently has minimal storage space..cereal boxes on top of the fridge. I would like to see that change!I would love them to have the screendoor springs so I would get that old “Walton’s/Godsey’s Store” squeak and bang when they close. I can see that that would bug some people but I like that noise! I have thought of doing the same thing in my bathroom to get rid of ugly plain closet doors. I would have those on rollers though I think.

•  Anonymous #82972

Hope you need to take a pic and post it of one. I’d like to see that. How do you put the fabric on? If you don’t mind me asking. It sounds so neat…

•  Anonymous #82969

Very cool! I want to do something with cool old fabric lined screen doors in my kitchen, but I always end up selling the screen door!

•  Anonymous #82953

impressive reuse!! awesome finished idea!

and……………welcome!!!!

•  Anonymous #82951

Welcome!!! That’s a great way to use them…It looks great!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.