country living fair austin

• Discussion
  •  Anonymous #86202

Guess whose husband just ordered plane tickets for the October Country Living Fair in Atlanta?!! I’m so excited! And my sister number 3 will be able to come up too! Husband asked if he should upgrade to first class for $125 each, I said “No! that gives me more money to spend!

•  Anonymous #83612

betsy, just for reference,country living fair is NOT for those buying for resale..it’s just not that type of show…it is not a flea market or even an antique show, it is an event to attend….if people are coming looking for things to resell, they will be sadly out of luck ! as for vendors not coming back..i totally get that…some did very poorly…and some were actually not a good fit and i assume wont be asked back anyway….it will get better and better i’m sure !~

•  Anonymous #83605
  •  Anonymous #83604

Jeanne, I talked to several vendors from Texas who did the show and there was definitely a mixed review of its success. Several aren’t sure if they’ll do the show again. From personal shoppers point of view, I heard it was great, but from vendors shopping for resale, I heard it wasn’t a great market. I hope they do return and work out the kinks.

Ann, I just commented on your Springfield trip, wish I could have attended that also.

•  Anonymous #83598

great pictures….looks like a wonderful show…

we were at ohio today buying for the store..and got a lot….

…..i shopped in the regular part for resale……the vintage market part had beautiful booths, hope they did well..

•  Anonymous #83584

betsy, sorry to have missed you also, (and MY sister’s name is betsy..haha)…as i understand it, this IS going to be an annual affair…so…there’s always next year..i’m still on the fence whether i would go back..it would really like to (and probably will) but it really was an exhausting venture. i have a show this weekend in philadelphia, and i am still exhausted !!!

•  Anonymous #83580

Jeanne, I enjoyed all your posts on the Austin Country Living Show and was so sad I didn’t get to make it and meet you. My sis was there on Thursday helping a vendor in the picker’s barn set up. Lots of my antiquing friends attended the show and I’ve seen lots of photos but it’s awesome to see pictures from a vendors perspective. I hope the Stella people take your suggestions (in the blog) about set up/lighting issues, etc to heart because we Texans hope it becomes an annual event.

Betsy

•  Anonymous #83579

haha…me neither….so no sweat ! one of the highlights of these shows is getting to meet people who i only know online…!!

•  Anonymous #83577

I should put it on my calendar now. Perhaps we could say hi to each other! But then you would find out I am not a beautiful, thin and young-looking woman that you thought I was, ha ha.

•  Anonymous #83572

mcnaughton……ohio is the BEST…you really are crazy to not go when you are so close…it is like NOTHING you have ever seen !! REALLY !!

second post up from austin

http://www.junxtaposition.blogspot.com/2012/05/country-living-austin-phase-2.html

•  Anonymous #83565

Great,tantalizing photos. Feeling guilty again for not getting to the Ohio show which is about 7 miles from me. Sigh.

•  Anonymous #83563

I enjoyed it to…It would be something to go to something like that…

•  Anonymous #83561

Jeanne,I really enjoyed looking at your pics of CL fair!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.